Hair and Make-up By Carmelina Tarallo *** The World of Glamour!

Sunday 4 December 2011

All That Glitters......Is Fab!!!

I love, love, love glitter. It can glam up anything especially make-up as long as it's done in a classy way and doesn't leave you looking like a 5 year old who's poured a pot of glitter all over their face.


It can almost be described as fantasy make-up and is also very festive around this time of year.

As you probably know I have a set of bio sculpture nails done every 2 weeks. They last 4-6 weeks but I like to keep my nails fresh and like a variety of colours. As I am going to go for more of a festive colour for Christmas. I decided to go bright coral, also known as 'Tutti-Frutti'. I love this colour and get so many compliments on it. I also added a little extra glam touch by putting on a gradiant effect with gold glitter. I love it. I saw it once in a magazine and had to try it.

With flash on:




Without flash:


As you can see it looks different with the flash on. I would say it's a mixture of the two colours.

I don't normally talk about fashion, I leave that to my sister but I absolutely love these shoe boots. I was so tempted to buy them but I can see myself falling over. I love anything bling and these screamed my name. Maybe someone will treat me for Christmas...








I recently worked with Gemma from The Only Way Is Essex for the Christmas special and had an absolutely fab time. I will do a separate blog for that but I did ask her what she wanted her make-up to look like.She said Essex Glam and Glitter. Who am I argue, I love glam and glitter. As it was for the Christmas special we went as mad as possible and she looked amazing. She can pull off any look and glitter is definitely one of them. Don't worry I will post the pictures when the episode is aired.

Now listen carefully....glitter is something that can go terribly wrong. It can get messy and go everywhere. Be careful when applying and if you find it tricky, try cream or gel glitter until you feel comfortable to be more adventurous.





I know these images are over the top and can't be worn for a special occasion no matter everyday but I think that they are very fairy inspired and would work great on catwalk or editorial. I did something similar but with swarovski crystal. Like I said I love bling.

Whatever you do, don't go glitter crazy. Pick a feature and emphasise it. Whether it be eyeliner, lips or nails, have fun with it.


This is a good way of adding glitter glam to a smokey eye...


Very vintage 60's chic glam...


Burgundy Bronze...lush


Golden goddess...


Purple haze...


A flick of gold...

or a touch of sparkle...


No comments:

Post a Comment